Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Eyes on Jesus

One of the most known and quoted miracle of Jesus is his walking on the water and it tends to get thrown around so frequently and it almost gets taken for granted at times, but I think it's one of the most significant stories in the bible.  In Matthews account of the story, Peter walks out onto the water with Jesus but begins to sink when he sees a huge wave and takes his eyes off of Jesus.  I've realized lately that it is so important to the m faith as a christian to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus and to trust in him and his presence, because as soon as I take my eyes off of Jesus, I begin to sink.  I begin to fall and even if I follow every other rule and teaching that is laid out in the bible, they're all just meaningless rules if I take my eyes off of Jesus, they're all just trapping and limiting legalities if I take my eyes off of Jesus.  For me, this is one of the most important and significant teachings of Jesus, because without it, nothing else matters.  So I'm done taking this story lightly and and I'm done letting it be just another miracle that Jesus performed.  I'm making this story, this truth, a pivotal part of my faith and a story to base my trust in Jesus around, because if I keep my eyes fixed on Jesus I know that it will all be okay.  Even when the waves and the storms of life show up, I know that as long as I keep my eyes on Jesus I will be safe and I will never lose sight of why I live my life in the way that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment